Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What is Nasi Lalapan : for My Bo0




What is Nasi Lalapan? Some say “Nasi Timbel” – mostly Indonesian. Apart from others, it is the unique dishes served. Unique in term of: the way it served and the dishes itself. Nasi lalapan is not Mirian’s food (it’s Indon’s typical food actually). I tend to write about this article when my Bo0 sent me a sms and was asking me “apa maksud lalapan?”. hehehe :P I was a little bit blur when to receive such question in the time my stomach was full with FOOD inside..

Originally, the rice is supposed to wrap with banana leaves to add more flavor to it. Other than that, it is just plain white rice. However, here in Miri, they just simply serve it on the plate (maybe somewhere in Miri practice this type of serving which that I might not know. Because as for me myself and the geng, we used to have it at Damai Restaurant whenever we want to have lalapan).Side dishes MUST include:

1. ayam goreng (fried chicken) – got empal (beef) and fish (tongkol, bawal etc) too
2. tahu goreng (fried tofu)
3. tempe (made of fermented soybean),
4. sambal terasi (Shrimp-paste chili sauce with tomato)
5. ikan asin (salty fish) and
6. lalapan/ulam (raw veggies – long bean, cabbage & cucumber)

I say it is a MUST, because without these side dishes and garnishes, the rice is not called nasi lalapan.

So, how is it now Boo. I am trying my very best to give you the best explanation on the meaning of “lelapan”. Hehehehe :P – One for sure, if one day, happen that you come to Miri I will bring you to taste it. Ok?

Delicious --------------------- Licking Fingers







No comments:

Post a Comment